Last Friday I teased to this post, and I am sorry to have kept you waiting for so long! This coconut rose body polish is so easy that you can make yourself in as little as 30 minutes!
You might know that I have my own blog, Boxwood Avenue, where I share DIY projects weekly, so this was right up my alley. Kelly is also big on natural products, and we really wanted to share how great Oak & Ashland is with all of you! That's the heart of this blog - sharing Wine Country's best businesses!
Yet, when we started A Savvy Lifestyle, we decided DIY projects would not be a part of what we blogged about, but getting the opportunity to spend time with Danika of Oak & Ashland and Sarah Deragon of Portraits
We feel so lucky to have teamed up with Sarah Deragon, and Oak & Ashland to bring you this body polish, and we know you're going to love it! Oak & Ashland's knowledge of natural ingredients and skin care has been acquired by over 13 years in the industry, we are so grateful for her to share a recipe we can make ourselves at home!
While this recipe is great to make for yourself, it's even better to make as a gift. Mother's Day is right around the corner, (I also think this would be a great gift to make for your bridesmaids)!
DIY Coconut & Rose Himilayan Salt Body Polish
- 1/4 cup unrefined sugar
- 3/4 cup Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon liquid Coconut oil
- 15 drops Organic Rose Geranium essential oil
- 5 drops Organic Ylang Ylang essential oil
- Add the Himalayan salt and unrefined sugar to a bowl and mix.
- Pour the liquid Coconut oil in the bowl and stir.
- Add the essential oils and gently mix.
- Pour mixture into a glass container that has an airtight seal.
- Top off with dried rose petals (a great addition if gifting).
- Store in a cool/dry place.
Rose Face Mask $6.50
Face Oil | $56.00
Rose Petal Lip Balm $14.00